A Little Bit of My Heart

the other day kenneth came home and surprised me with my favorite milkshake, a few red roses and these fun XO balloons. it was so out of the blue and for no reason at all, he just wanted to do it. and days later, i still feel so overwhelmed about how much i love kenneth.

while kenneth and i have only been married for about 8 months, that clearly does not make me any expert on love. but it just amazes me how much love kenneth has to give. i've never been one to want or need materialistic gifts from a significant other. for me, it's the meaning behind it all. kenneth knows me well enough to know that i love sweet treats more than the average human being. he knows that my mom used to be a florist and i grew up with flowers in our house all the time and getting flowers brings back really wonderful memories for me. he knows me well enough that even though i've never mentioned wanting balloons, he saw them and just thought they looked like something i would like. 

the thought just amazes me. it amazes me that another human being cares so much about me and knows so much about me. multiple times throughout the week, kenneth and i will be in bed watching netflix (high five to us because we finished the entire series of friends in one single month... yeah we have lives...) and then i'll get hungry or thirsty and ask kenneth if he will go to the kitchen and make me something because i'm comfy and i don't want to get up and he more than willingly goes and get's me food. this happens all the time and i don't know why but i just think it's the sweetest thing in the entire world. and it constantly amazes me that he just loves me so much and does so many sweet things for me like fulfilling my lazy girl needs haha. 

i know i'm not describing it all right, but i just think it's pretty awesome to have someone who cares so much about you and goes throughout their day thinking, what can i do to put a smile on my wife's face? it's interesting too because i thought i absolutely loved kenneth the day we got married. the amount of love i felt that day, it was unreal. but what is shocking is that i find myself loving kenneth more and more the longer we are married which just makes me wonder what life will be like when we are 80 years old. 

i know most people will read this and think, "oh those newlyweds....it will fade" and yes we are newlywed... but kenneth and i also dated for about 3 years before we got married. and while marriage is different than dating, there are still a lot of similarities. and if we grow to be 80 together and are still holding hands, watching netflix, and laughing endlessly, i will have called it a beautiful and blessed life because i got to share it with kenneth. i'm just grateful i got one of the good ones. 

sorry for all the mush. it's the month to celebrate love though right?

for the record... it's actually really difficult to take pictures with these balloons given beautiful nature and the wind factor. i don't know how all those pinteresty-instagramers make it look so easy

1 comment

  1. Be still my heart! This is so sweet, Lauren. You and KJ make such a wonderful couple. I love your love. #relationshipgoals

    ReplyDelete