hello 15 minutes of fame.

so i told you all i was up to something fun these last few days and now i'm here to share :)

let's bring it back almost a year ago when some friends and i decided it would be fun to go down to the hawaii 5-0 tv station and apply to be extras. we headed down there, filled out some paper work, got our pictures taken, and they said they would call us. many of my friends began to receive phone calls asking to be extras. not me. i also want to point out that i was the one out of all my friends that wanted to do this more than anything. i would ramble on about how badly i wanted to be an extra, over and over again. finally... that glorious day, i receive a phone call from hawaii 5-0 asking if i want to be a waitress for their next episode. AND I'M IN GEORGIA, COMING TO HAWAII IN 3 WEEKS. FAIL. i seriously wanted to cry i was so bummed. let's also take a minute to rewind back to my younger years as a child where i wanted to be britney spears and marry lance bass from nsync. (yes.. i know what you're thinking...) my only dream in life was to be a famous actress and singer. fast forward back to last week. i'm in the middle of taking a shower and i hear my phone ring, i slowly open the shower curtain to look out at my phone on the counter to see who's calling and i see the words Hawaii 5-0. please use your imagination to picture the next 10 seconds of me frantically throwing the shower curtain open, slipping, and struggling to slide the arrow across on my iphone. keep in mind, wet fingers and iphone screens do not work together. low and behold, i missed the call. 
devastated. 
but with a promising voicemail and a number to call back, my luck turned around and i was asked to be an extra for 2 days of filming hawaii 5-0. 
dreams came true.
my roommates can attest to the hours upon hours followed by days of dancing around my house, singing, "i'm gonna be famousssss" over and over again. so glad they put up with me. 

i worked wednesday night. i spent a good 6 hours filming at the beach. my role was to act completely wasted at a beach party. for those of you that know me, know that that is totally my scene... haha. it was so fun though! there was a band and a huge bon fire and we had to dance around and talk and party like teenagers do. 
thursday night they told us we would be filming a pep rally. ummm yeah... we get there and come to find out it's not a pep rally, rather an assembly where they tell us that our classmate is dead. so we exchanged our peppy for sadness and the cameras went rolling. dano was there in our scene which was pretty cool to see. my roommate rachel and i got asked by the director to be extremely sad and try and pull out some fake crying because the girl is our best friend. both nights i lucked out and i'm pretty sure i got some good shots on the camera because the director placed me there. but i guess i will just have to wait and see once the episode airs. 
overall it was such a cool experience. i could ramble on and on about every detail of the experience but i dont want to bore anyone. it was so cool though. getting to see all the work that goes into a tv show is crazy. i can't wait to see how the episode comes together. i think it's supposed to air on january 2nd? it's episode 13 of hawaii 5-0. i'll be sure to keep you guys updated. i'm really hoping i'm on the screen because then i can check something else off my bucket list :)

L

1 comment

  1. That is freaking awesome! I can't wait to see it! You better post a clip if you can find one!! :)

    ReplyDelete