hello, it's been awhile.

so sorry i've disappeared for awhile there. finals were crazy. but after loads of energy drinks and all-nighters, i successfully finished! another semester done. saying goodbye to my friends was surprisingly hard. i know i'll see them in a few weeks, but i'm moving houses so it's tough to know i wont live with all of them this next semester.

luckily though, i was fortunate enough to get permission from the dean of my school to take some of my finals early so that i could fly to idaho and surprise my sister for her graduation from byu-idaho! my parents first arrived at her house as i hid in the car. my sister then went to give my dad a tour of the house and my mom ran out and grabbed me. i sat on the couch and waited for my sister to come down the stairs. as she walked into the living room she had her back turned to me and was looking up something on the computer. everyone was sitting and waiting for her to turn around and notice that i was there. finally, after a few minutes she turned around and the rest went something like this... "AHHHHHHHHH! OH MY GOSH!!!" (runs over and gives me a huge hug--screams again--hits me--screams again--hugs me--hits me) we have an abusive relationship... haha. needless to say, she was totally shocked! it was perfect. 

while our visit was short it was definitely worth it. my brother was there too which was the first time our whole family has been together in 3 years. it was grand :) 

i was somewhat in shock the entire trip because of the weather change. i literally went from lying on the beach thursday, in 80 degree weather. to walking in snow in 20 degree weather. the biggest shock was probably when i woke up sunday morning to 9 degree weather... 9?! crazy. it was so freezy outside. everyone in the airport just gave me the look as if i was an alien as i walked in with my flipflops and capris sweatpants. sorry people, i do not have any winter clothes in hawaii. 

i need to take a minute and just boast about my amazing sister. i am seriously so proud of her for graduating college! it took her almost 9 years to do it.. but she did it! my sister is the most amazing person i know. she is so strong and she's my best friend. the person that keeps me going. she gives me strength. i'm so blessed to have her. and to have my little monster hayden as well. i know jacom was smiling down on us this weekend, and i know he is so proud of beka for all her amazing accomplishments :)

there are so many stories i could tell but i'll just leave it at this. it was wonderful. i love my family so much. if there's anything i've realized this last year, it's just how important family is. 

i have lots of updating to do, but here are some pictures from my time in idaho. i must say, although the beach in hawaii is beyond beautiful, idaho is gorgeous in it's own way as well. enjoy :)


buhh-byee idaho.
L

No comments