hello new year.

oh goodness it's been awhile! i've just been so busy enjoying every second of being home. i will blog about it all soon, but as for now i just want to blog about the new year!
even though i'm a day late, 1/1/11. time for some changes right?? i got a twitter. i figured it was just another thing to waste my time with :) if you have one, find me! lobergy is my name!

alright so last year i wrote down my new years resolutions, or goals for the year.
1. stay best friends with the 'fab 5' and ryan
2. do something wild and crazy
3. write in journal every day
4. stay true to who i am and don't try to be something i'm not to impress others
5. love carefully
6. don't go to a funeral or know someone to die
7. trust my instincts
8. get more organized
9. go to the gym
10. don't drink or do drugs

looking back on these goals i think i successfully accomplished most of them. well actually, i didn't write in a journal. i did a few times /: wish i had more often. i knew 2 people and 2 dogs to pass away :'( and i attended 1 funeral for my sweet puppy and 1 memorial service :( and i definitely did not go to the gym that often... but seriously who actually accomplishes that new years resolution?
but let's look on the more positive side haha. i did a few crazy things this semester in hawaii. i stayed best friends with my best friends. i didn't drink or use drugs. i know what you're thinking... i'm a weird college freshman. whatevs, go ahead and think it :) and i definitely did get more organized! i never thought it would happen, but sharing a room and a house with girls makes you become more organized.

alright so now it's time for new resolutions.
1. get in shape! i swear, this makes the list every year. and every year i say it's going to happen. i'm hoping that the fact i am on the beach 24/7 will motivate me a little bit more this time haha.
2. stay in touch with my best friends. but quit wasting my time and effort on the friends that don't put in any effort.
3. write in a journal every day. i love going back and reading what i wrote. i learn a lot from it too. if you have never done it, you should really try!
4. don't go to a funeral or know someone to die. this makes the list about every time, but life will take its course and i really have no control over this one. it'd just be nice to focus on the love of life instead of the sadness of death.
5. learn how to surf...and be good at it. i tried once this last semester and i really want to get good at it this semester
6. figure out what i want to do with my life. it'd be so nice to know exactly what i want to do with my life and put 100% of my efforts into that. but i'm just too indecisive to pick one thing. there's so many things i want to do... i want to be a professional photographer. i want to be a teacher. i want to be an event planner. i want to have and manage my own dog adoption center. i want to help out and run events for the american cancer society. i want to have a family and be a great wife and mom. now if someone can figure out which major i check to do all that, PLEASE LET ME KNOW.
7. put myself more out there to meet great friends. i really missed my friends this last semester, and i made some great friends while i was away. but i want to try harder to opening myself up to making new best friends. not so that they can replace the amazing ones i have now. but it'd be nice to enjoy college to all it's worth.
8. do what makes me happy :)

i hope everyone had a wonderful new years! and good luck with making your own resolutions :)

L

No comments