hello youth.

how sweet it is to be young. 
don't you ever miss being in kindergarten and the worst thing that happened during the day was that someone took the firetruck-red crayon you wanted? that was the life. nap time. recess. snack break. talk about living it up. 
my sister and her almost 3-year-old son have been visiting. i call her son my little monster. he is always full of energy. earlier today we were sitting on the couch watching him run around the living room, jump on the couch, jump to the ottoman, jump back to the couch, jump on me, throw the pillow, jump back to the floor, run around the living room... and repeat. he could do this for hours. little kids wear me out! but it's amazing how spending just a few minutes with them can make you feel on top of the world. when i see him smile, i can't help but smile too. out of the blue today, he looks at my sister and says, "momma you beautiful" my sister replied by saying, "aw thank you baby!" he replied, "you weldcom" and then kissed her. i know what love feels like, but that simply melts my heart. the best is when i'm sitting in my room, and all of a sudden i hear those little footsteps coming toward my door. the door slowly creeps open and i see his little nose peeking through. then about two seconds later he slams the door and runs away. 
now i'm not going to lie, i'm not always thinking about how adorable he is. normally the time when i'm not the most thrilled with him is in the morning hours... today for example, i was awakened with his lovely screaming and crying right outside of my door. followed by my sister yelling, "we do not throw our clothes in the toilet!!!"..... even then, i still can't help but smile from my little monster :)
"Passion rebuilds the world for the youth. It makes all things alive and significant."
-Ralph Waldo Emerson

L

No comments