February Recap


February was a busy month with two fun trips!
At the beginning of the month, I went to an open house for my friend Michael. Michael was one of my best friends in high school and we haven't seen each other in years. It was so fun to meet his wife and catch up! MarLeice and her husband flew down for it and it was so great to see her again too! I don't think I would have survived high school without MarLeice and Michael. I'm so beyond grateful for our friendships and even though we don't get to see each other as often anymore, I still consider them the best of friends and it's so fun when we're all together.
 I started a new job and my coworker brought me these cute mini doughnuts after my first week! So sweet and thoughtful!
 ^ I started re-watching Grey's Anatomy in January, hence the dramatic scene on the tv haha
 Lots of snuggles with Har-Har. He loves to lay right on top of me and it's truly the best thing in the world.
 Valentines day breakfast in bed from Kenneth. We had a pretty relaxed Valentine's day and just enjoyed lots of sweets and pizza for dinner.
 Harley making the funniest faces haha. Love him.
 ^ We watched Velzy again and Harley was in heaven!
Said goodbye to Harley (& Kenneth haha) and I went to Nashville for the weekend for my best friend's Bachelorette party. Tears were shed when saying goodbye. I'll let you take a wild guess at who I was crying over haha.
 My best friend, Brittany, is getting married in March and we had her bachelorette party in Nashville. Me, Brittany and our best friend Grace, all drove together and it was so fun to spend some much needed time with them!
 Britt & her mom are so creative and had the cutest bachelorette gifts!
 ^ How cute is this flower floor?? It was in one of the bathrooms haha
 We did one of those bike pedal tours where you pedal around Nashville and see all the fun sites. It was a bit rainy that day (hence all the ponchos) but it was actually really fun. They play music as you ride around town and everyone is dancing and singing and it's just a fun time!
We saw so many brides and bachelorette parties around Nashville. I lost count there were so many haha.
 It was a fun trip and I'm glad I got to know Brittany's other bridesmaids better because it'll make the wedding more fun. I definitely felt like a grandma though because I'm normally in bed by 10 and we were out till 3am every night and I don't even remember the last time I did that... except maybe when we binge watched Stranger Things 2... #PartyAnimal haha.
 When I was in Nashville, Kenneth called to tell me that he threw a toy in the air and Harley & Velzy both went for it and their mouths collided. Harley cut Velzy's tongue and Velzy chipped one of Harley's teeth. They both acted totally fine but unfortunately Harley's tooth was chipped so much that you could see the pulp? Which is basically the thing right before the root and the vet said he needed to get put under and get the tooth extracted.

So he went in for this minor surgery and everything went great. But when we picked him up, we could tell he was definitely out of it. Which is expected after coming out of anesthesia. It was really heart breaking though because he whined for 48 hours straight, non stop. I didn't know if he was in pain, just really loopy and out of it or both. I just held him and gave him lots of love. It was so scary and I cried a lot those few days. It's just sad because as a human, it's your responsibility to give a voice to your pet and it's tough when you don't know what exactly is wrong.

I know most people think I'm crazy, but Harley is my #1 priority in life and I'll do anything for him. After those 2 days he finally started to act normal but we had to leave for California and that was another reason I was so stressed. My mom watched him and said he improved every day and by the time we got home, he seemed like his normal self. We've been in and out of the vet a lot recently for check ups and everything looks great. His suture is gone, it's healed great and I am so relived!!
We then headed out to Northern California to see my father-in-law get married. We got to see lots of snow and visit Lake Tahoe while we were there. I'll continue that in another post because I have a lot more pictures. 
But overall it was a great trip and a good ending to a busy month. 

xo, Lo

No comments