Cheers to a New Year!

well with the new year means new resolutions which always gets me so excited!
kenneth and i started a tradition last year where we go to cheesecake factory on new years day and get our favorite slice of cheesecake (30th anniversary) and then write down our new years resolutions on the napkin while we eat (aka devour as quickly as possibly) our cheesecake.

it was fun to look back on our goals from last year. some we accomplished (travel, do something adventurous, be a better aunt/uncle, create new traditions)... some i completely forgot about and definitely did not accomplish (like run a half marathon? i don't remember writing that down... kenneth.)

this year we grabbed our cheesecake and got our pen ready and wrote down some new resolutions
some of my goals for this new year....
>continue to travel and explore
>develop my art talents more and overcome my fears of sharing them with the world
>exercise regularly (i mean... lets's be honest, that makes the list every year)
>bond more with family and call them all more
>do more service for others on a regular basis
>journal and blog more regularly

i mean i've got plenty more on the list, but i'll share those at the end of the year when i've hopefully accomplished them. plus kenneth and i have some shared goals together too. but i think the main thing i am trying to focus on this year besides bettering myself is focusing on my art. kenneth is always encouraging me and i really want to push myself.

i know i have talents in art, but i quite regularly criticize my work and get down on myself. i mean everyone says you're always your worst critic and i think that's true. i've been taught that you should always be developing and sharing your talents and i think i could improve on that. so hopefully i'll get over my fears of what others will think of my artwork and instead of focusing on that, focus on just doing what i love and sharing that love with others! so hopefully you'll be seeing more of my artwork this year (and if you do, please be kind haha).

2013 was the worst year of my life. easily. i cringe thinking about that year. 2014 was SO MUCH BETTER. thank goodness. i mean, i married kenneth! HELLOOOO can it get better than that?! 2014 will always be such a favorite and special year for me. but i'm still excited for what's to come and to make new goals, new dreams and new adventures!

2015, we're ready for you!!


2 comments

  1. Please don't be afraid to share. You are so talented Lauren! I always love seeing what you post on your blog and instagram and I will love seeing more of your art. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete