hello that time.

it's that time of the year again. time to pack my life up into two very seemingly small suitcases and travel 5000 miles across the country to the lovely state of hawaii. and honestly, i couldn't be more ready. i'm obviously going to miss my parents and my friends. but i know i need a change desperately. i need sunshine. i need the sand between my toes. i need uplifting, happy people. i need hawaii. 
this summer will definitely go down in the record books as the worst summer ever. and no, i'm not being dramatic about that statement. but what can i say, ya win some ya lose some right? i just hope my luck turns around once i get on that airplane because i can't handle any more losses. i know this next semester is going to be a tough one. just this time in my life, it's filled with so many choices that really do affect my future. but i'm anxious to move on to bigger and better things. i'm done dealing with people that aren't kind. i'm sick of investing my heart and friendship into others when they don't care as much in return. so it's time to make some changes for myself. i'm only surrounding myself with kind and loving people. the rest, buhh byee. this summer was quite the whirl wind. i wish i could sit here and say that i've learned a lot from it all. but honestly, i haven't. what have i learned? that the world is harsh? that people suck? that you should trust no one? no. i don't think that was the lesson for me to learn this summer. i would like to still believe that there is a common good in the people of today. 
but time heals all. and one day there will be an answer for it all. at least it's comforting to know that there's this little thing called karma :)
tomorrow morning, i am getting on that airplane and never looking back. 

xoxo
L

No comments