hello nala.

i love dogs. 
anyone that knows me, knows i LOVE, love, love dogs. i really don't understand how anyone couldn't? 
well my story beings saturday night. i was hanging out around the hale (dorm) with some people. here in hawaii everything is very open since a lot of stuff isn't air conditioned. a lot of classrooms have courtyards and all the hales do as well. so it's very easy for animals to roam around. well i look outside of my friends door and there is a darling dog standing there looking at me with the sweetest look. of course i sprang over to that sweetheart and started petting and loving it. as i was doing so other girls passed commenting "ew." and other mean comments b.c they didn't want the dog near them.
RUDE.
i can not stand people that aren't kind to animals. 
what if i walked past that girl and said EWWW when i walked passed her? i'm sure she wouldn't be too happy with that comment. dogs have ears! they can hear what you say. they have feelings. a;sdfja;lsdkjfal;ksjdf 

any ways... so as we were leaving this darling puppy followed us out. i didn't know what to do because i wanted to take care of her. she was really skinny and you could tell she needed a home :( thank goodness, these two boys near me walked over to her and took her back to their house to give her a meal. i thanked them multiple times and i am forever grateful that they have a heart. 
next day (sunday) i went to church and when walking back i walked through the gate of my house and the same dog was sitting right outside of my door!!!! she found me, all the way off campus! she knew that i loved her and that i would take care of her and she found me!! :) i spent the day feeding her, loving her, playing with her, and cuddling with her. it was fabulous! i named her Nala. it just came to me! she is the sweetest! she stayed the night outside and this morning she was still there, but when one of my roommates left for class nala followed her back to campus /: i was really worried about her because i didn't want her to get hit by a car, or get sent to the pound. well, during my first class (art), we were outside drawing and all of a sudden i heard some of my classmates go "aww" i turned around and it was her!!! i yelled NALA!!!! i was so happy! my art teacher asked me about how i knew her and i continued to tell him and my class the story, they all laughed about my love for her. i don't get why people are amused? i think everyone should love dogs as much as i do. but i couldn't leave my class to take care of her :( so she wandered off and i just had to sit there and watch :( after class i biked all around campus looking for her but i haven't seen her since :( 
i really hope she's okay. i know that i can't keep her, but i was going to give her a bath and feed her until i called an animal shelter. if you call the pound they get about 3-4 days and then if no one adopts them, they get put down :( it's so terrible. i'm just praying that someone had a heart and took her in and that she is safe tonight. i love you nala <3

1 comment

  1. i love everything about this post :)
    you made me laugh abut saying "ew" to that girl when you walked past her. haha. Loved that. She was rude. Anyways, love that youre still lovin dogs, all the way in hawaii still :)

    miss you!

    ReplyDelete