>stay.

this morning i woke up bright and early and went for a hike with some good company. 
this hike is one of my favorite places on the island. and one of the most peaceful. 
as i stood at the very top, in the silence i simply listened. the sound of the tree branches dancing as the wind blew, constantly swaying and drifting among the mountains like a domino affect. the concept of time and space came up in conversation. which made me think about this current moment of time and space i am living in. how the people i meet will affect me in one way or another. how the places i visit will affect me. and how the moments i take advantage of will affect me. 
at this current moment of my life, i feel as if i'm constantly saying goodbye. 

"people will always walk in and out of your life. some will stay longer than others. some for a reason, some to teach you a lesson; and the most important one, to teach you about yourself. we won't be able to distinguish which people are here for which reasons until they make their impact. and sometimes, that impact will be love and clarity. other times, it will be hurt and sadness. either way, it will teach you something. and what you gain has the ability to make you that much better off. because truthfully, we are never too old to learn how to be happy." 

i'm not sure why i've met some people, and had to say goodbye to others when i haven't wanted to. but here's what i have learned so far. 
to the person that broke my heart, thanks for teaching me how much better i deserve. 
to the person that i briefly helped carry your mail into your house, thanks for teaching me the power of love in small acts of kindness.
to the person that i only got to be friends with for 2 weeks before you left, thanks for teaching me hope.

i don't know why we cross paths with certain people. some probably call me naive for thinking it's fate. but regardless of the reason or the lesson, i know we all have something to teach each other. to some, i'm glad we said goodbye. to others, i hope our paths cross again one day.

with warmth & love,
lo

No comments