>big jet plane.



some time ago, i created this bucket list. i continually add things to it, and i'm convinced it'll one day be so long that it'll be almost impossible to accomplish, but i add on anyways. one of the items on it was to sing at an open mic night. a few weeks ago i finally checked that one off. 

singing is something that i've always loved. when i was younger, my dream was to be the next britney spears... my parents were a little worried. i remember telling my mom that i would do everything and anything to be a famous singer and begged her to help me. she told me it would be a lot of hard work and there would be a lot of things i would have to do. i didn't care, i was thrilled and told her i'd do anything and asked her where to start. she said all great musicians start by cleaning their room. and away i went, cleaning my room faster than i ever had before. i laugh now looking back at that story. my mom was quite the clever one. 

although my dreams of being the next britney have changed (which i'm glad they have) i still love singing. mostly to my shower head. singing in front of people actually really scares me. one concept i've really been trying to learn lately is to live by faith, not fear. 

fear is something that can so easily take over our lives. fear of the unknown. but ever since one of my biggest fears came true, i realized that there's no point in living out of fear. so it's been a goal of mine to accomplish different fears this semester. 

"for god hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind." 
2 timothy 1:7

so with all that being said, here's the video from that open mic night. iphone quality, sorry. my lovely roommate jordan and i threw this together an hour before open mic night so it was a little rough. regardless, i'm glad we did. also, forewarning *this song is about a girl... but it was too confusing to change it to being about a boy... soooo yeah. we don't roll like that. 

-lo

2 comments

  1. You have a beautiful voice! I think it sounds similar to Norah Jones, so pretty! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy crap Lauren you sound amazing!! Why have you been hiding this?? Haha

    ReplyDelete