Moab - Day 2, Arches National Park

Day 2 in Moab was spent at Arches National Park. Unfortunately, dogs aren't allowed here so we dropped Harley off at a daycare center and while I was super sad to not have him, I know he had sooooo much fun playing with other dogs all day. When we picked him up, he immediately passed out because he was so tired haha. 

Since we only had one day at Arches National Park, we hit the ground running. Our best friends, Aaron & Alexis, are hiking pros and they gave us the best tips for where to go and what to see. I really felt like we were able to see it all. We hiked 10 miles that day and it was so worth it. We went to Delicate arch first because it's probably the most popular arch and we heard it was one of the longer hikes, so we wanted to get there before it got really busy. 

Maybe it's because we had been doing a lot of hiking in Utah and our bodies have adjusted, but we felt like all the hikes in Moab were pretty easy and not very long. But, I'm glad we had the mindset that it would be long and hard because we were pleasantly surprised. Again though, I really can't imagine doing this in the summer. We lucked out with perfect weather and I think that had a huge factor in why we could hike so much. 
Everyone was so polite when it came to the arch. I figured everyone would be crowded around and under the arch the entire time. But everyone was respectful and waited to get their picture under the arch and then stepped back so everyone could admire it. I really loved that.
After Delicate Arch, we drove around the rest of the park and saw everything else the park had to offer. Off the top of my head, I can't remember all of the arches we saw (there's a ton). But I really loved it all!
^ Landscape Arch
Our favorite part when hiking is to get out and explore beyond what we're setting out to originally see.
Aside from Delicate Arch, the park was relatively empty. I was surprised because this was over Veterans day weekend and all National Parks were free! I was expecting a lot of people, but I guess because it's November, there were hardly any people.
^ Sand Dune Arch
^ Can you spot Kenneth?
^ Double Arch
This trip was one of our favorite memories from the year. We loved Arches and we will definitely go back! 

xo, Lo


No comments