Moab - Day 1, Corona Arch

When we moved to Utah, we had all these big plans to take tons of weekend trips and visit all the amazing national parks in and around Utah. Unfortunately, money and time got in the way of those plans and as our time was coming to an end in Utah, we were feeling pretty bummed that we hadn't visited any national parks.

But with some planning, I was able to figure out a trip for us to go to Moab for Kenneth's birthday. I kept it a secret and planned everything out. I even packed his bag and when he woke up on his birthday I said, "Happy Birthday!! Let's go to Moab!!"

He was totally surprised and it was so fun to get up and go. Our first stop in Moab was hiking to Corona Arch. We were shocked at how beautiful it was and how empty it was. Then again, we were visiting in November, but for the most part, we had this place to ourselves.
The weather could not have been more perfect. I cannot imagine visiting Moab in the summer. I really think I would die from the heat. 
Of course Kenneth had to climb to the top. I was going to but as I started hiking up the cliff I felt it was a bit too sketchy for my liking and opted to just take pictures haha.
^ Can you spot tiny Kenneth on top of the arch?
I loved that this hike was dog friendly. I really hate how most national parks don't allow dogs. But this made up for it and Harley was so happy!
Notice the concentration in Harley's face haha. Holding up a treat so he would try to look at the camera.
After hiking we checked into our hotel, enjoyed a birthday dinner at this yummy Mexican restaurant and relaxed in the hot tub. Definitely a fun way to kick off the weekend and celebrate Kenneth's birthday.

xo, Lo

No comments