>>prayers for taylor & kirk.

yesterday afternoon, my beautiful friend taylor posted a status on facebook asking for prayers for her boyfriend, kirk. he wiped out on a 20+foot wave surfing up on the north shore and has been missing ever since. his board washed up on shore, and search and rescue has been looking for him since 11:30am yesterday. tomorrow will be the final day of searching for him. 

i didn't know kirk. but i know taylor. taylor was my first real friend out here, back during freshman year. and all i can think about is the pain she is feeling right now. my heart is painfully breaking for her.  

during this time, i can't help but be reminded of my own loss too. it's just sad. it's all sad. my heart feels permanently broken. and i would never want someone else to have to experience that kind of pain. but i know taylor is going through that, and it kills me. 

to anyone reading this, please take a few minutes to say a prayer for kirk, my beautiful friend taylor, kirk's family, friends, and search & rescue as they finish up their efforts tomorrow. 

i love you taylor. praying for a miracle. 

taylor was tagged in these beautiful photos on facebook, taken by melinda kendall pike during a prayer circle today held outside of the surf break kirk was last surfing at.

No comments