>happy half.

many years ago i was watching some kid tv show. i think it was arthur? not sure. and the kid celebrated his half birthday. i then asked my mom why i didn't celebrate mine? my mom being the loving and sweet person she was said we could celebrate my half birthday that year. being young, my family made a big deal out of it to make me feel special. that they did. and little did they know that i would remember and keep the tradition going for the rest of my life. i mean come on, why not celebrate another day where cake is involved?

it's sort of become a joke because we only celebrate my half birthday and no one else's half. (obviously my parents love me the most). my sister insists on the ridiculousness of it all; but i know she's really just jealous that she didn't think of it first. so i'm happy to say that today was my 20 1/2 birthday! oh happy day!


No comments