>junk of the heart.

the beaches in georgia and florida are packed with seashells. hawaii on the other hand. none. not really sure why that is. but one of my favorite things is to snorkel and search for any type of seashell i can find. i started a collection last fall, but kind of forgot about it. so today when i was at sunset beach, i decided to give it another go. my favorite shells to collect are the odd ones, the ones that aren't smooth and perfect. i think there's more to them. 
goodness, sometimes i wish i was a mermaid, because the feeling of being underwater is so much more peaceful than everything that's going on above. while i was diving i was a little startled to feel two taps on my shoulder. to my surprise a huge polynesian man held his hand out and gave me two shells he had found. one of the nicest little things that have happened. it's always refreshing to see people sharing the aloha. happy day.




1 comment