hello hayden.

so there's this boy... :)
his name is hayden.
very charming.
extremely handsome.
can always make me smile.
gives the best hugs and kisses.
age 3.

i'm so happy that i've had my nephew around to make me smile. i've definitely needed him the last little while. tonight my family went to brusters after dinner for my dad's birthday. while we were waiting in line, trying to figure out what to get, hayden began to dance. and when i say dance, i don't mean just move his hips a little. i mean he went all out, breaking it down, head to toe. no shame of course. from the robot, to acting like a ninja, he went all out for a solid 10 minutes. everyone around couldn't help but smile and stare at this adorable kid, including myself.

this all got me thinking. how great it was to be 3 and have no shame. not a care in the world. the worst of our problems was being forced to eat our vegetables at dinner. i wish i could remember just how wonderful it was to be 3 and not have a care. which lead me to my next thought. why not act 3 for a little while? i have the rest of my life to settle down. now is the time to be crazy. to dance in line at brusters with my 3-year-old nephew. to travel. to take risks. to do whatever i want, even when it doesn't make sense. to live. 

so who cares if my sister and my parents spent the car ride home annoyed at hayden and i for screaming way too loud, laughing way too hard, and my 19-year-old self acting like i was 3 for a little while. at least i was smiling, and i know my family was happy to see that again. 

i don't want to settle down anytime soon. there are so many things i want to do. i want to get out of my comfort zone. i want to learn more about this crazy world and the life we live in. i want to find happiness again. and i think this 3-year-old is a great example of it.



L

No comments