hello simplicity.

today was simple. 
nothing extraordinary. 
i woke up to an empty house. parents already gone to fulfill their daily routines. i spent my day at work surrounded by 2-year-olds. returned home to an empty house. and spent the evening lying on my friends bed talking about the random things of life. 
simple.
it's all very simple.
but simple is okay. because finding the extra something out of those ordinary moments are what make each day special. each day extraordinary. 
because it was those extraordinary moments like hearing my nephews voice on the phone, telling me he loves me.
the extraordinary moment when the 2-year-old boy at my work runs to my side to give me a huge hug when i walk through the door.
the extraordinary moment when that good song came on the radio and i belted out those words, successfully hitting that high note.
it's all very simple. 
very ordinary.
yet, life... that's what is so extraordinary. 
so today i consider myself blessed because today i lived, 
and that is in no way just ordinary.

No comments