hello goodbye.

ironic much? hello goodbye actually used to be one of my favorite bands. i even saw them in concert once. but that's not the point of this post.
well, heather left.
blah.
back to california she goes. goodbye's are always hard. i feel like i've become a pro at saying them though. i've always had friends that are older than me so i'm very used to saying bye to my friends. but this time it was different. it's different because in a way it's the beginning of saying adios to all my friends before i leave for hawaii. not cool. i won't see heath till the very end of december :( 5 months. FIVE MONTHS. way too long. also, ironically even though she is the farthest from me and i won't get to see her for the longest time. when i get out to hawaii she will be the closest one to me. i'm so grateful to have her as a friend. she seriously is the sweetest person i've met. she has such a huge heart and deserves the best. i love her to death :)
well, also on the topic of college... housing.
FAIL.
i honestly don't even feel like writing about this because it makes me really upset but i figure it's probably good to get my anger out. well i found out a few days ago that i am on the wait list for housing. you're prob like what? how can that happen to freshmen?? yeah... my thoughts exactly. well this year they accepted too many freshmen and there aren't enough dorms for them so they are allowing them to live off campus. i'm # 79 on the wait list, out of 186. i can't help but keep wondering why? why me? what did i do wrong? did i send my housing stuff in late? no. did i fill something out wrong? no. simply just bad luck. now, some people might think it'd be awesome to live in an apartment and not want to live in the dorms. but i want to. that might sound lame, but i really want to. i want to have that freshman experience. but more so because i've never even set foot on campus. i have a 7:30am class that has to do with my major. i don't have a car. i'll be walking to school in the dark. meal plan... i don't want to commute to campus just to eat and i don't want to start cooking. i'm definitely not ready for that. i want a freshman roommate. if i live in the apartment i could get roommates who are as old as 25. and i can't look at the apartments either. i can't just fly over there and look. ughhhhhhad;lfkjasdklfjas;.
so after several phone calls to about every possible person who works at byuh, it looks like that the reality of it is that i will be living off campus and that i need to start looking. now. so i've decided that i have no choice but to try and look on the bright side of all this.
bright side:
i could live right on the beach. even though the dorms are only a 4 minute walk away...
i could have more space and my own room. also when my friends come to visit they can stay comfortably with me.
i can decorate more (that is a plus for me)
i can get a bike. but a cute one.
i'll loose weight. haha seriously though. because either i won't be eating bc i won't cook. or i will be walking and riding my bike so much that i will burn off anything i eat. no need for a gym? haha

wish me luck. i hate you college.
xoxo
L

1 comment

  1. lauren!! don't stress about the housing chica. everything will work out. & if it doesn't, you can come live at my house. promise.

    ReplyDelete