hello comfort food.

college brings out the best and worst eating habits for me. this week, my diet has consisted of cookie dough. i halfway blame my wonderful friend samantha brooks for this problem. she got me hooked at a young age and ever since it's only gotten worse. and for whatever reason, this week it has just gotten out of hand. i'm talking about a batch a day of cookie dough. me and my roommates have all gathered around the kitchen table, chatted about our lives, and ended the day so happy bc our belly's are full from all this cookie dough. it just seems to make everything better. and i honestly believe that some foods can make everything better.  cookie dough definitely makes that list. 

monday was a baking day. one of my friends was having a rough day, so i decided to put my baking skills to work and made her a heart shaped brownie. and i think her day got a little better after that. as did mine after licking the bowl clean of the batter. om nom nom.
then i made cookies for my friend sean's birthday. and finally the day ended with making a batch of cookie dough for my roommates. i guess i'm the one to blame for this daily routine now since i started it on monday. woops.. sorry i'm not sorry.

the main reason i made cookie dough for one of my roommates was bc she had found out some sad news that day. her friend died from a diabetes accident. completely unexpected. he was supposed to get married next week. my heart just broke when i heard that. it is so scary to know that everything can change within minutes and your life can be flipped upside down. that's why you've got to learn to cherish the moments you have now. i hate leaving things unsettled with people or in a bad spot because there is always that chance that something could happen and you would never get to make things right again. so my 2 cents for the day, if you're in a bad spot with someone right now, go out of your way to try and settle things. always end the day telling the people you care about that you love them. life is simply too short. but at least along the way we can celebrate that life over a bowl of cookie dough with some wonderful friends :)
L

1 comment

  1. cookie dough makes everything better: fact. i am a cookie dough snob: fact. i only eat cookie dough made from scratch: fact. i eat cookie dough more often than i eat real food: fact. you can blame me, but i blame my mother. love you. love cookie dough.

    ReplyDelete