hello now.

took a look at the calendar today... i come home so soon.
april 8th i'll be on a flight home.
for f i v e months.
it's weird to think that this semester is almost over. my first year of college is almost over. 
time seriously has flown by. and i can't really decide if i'm happy or sad about it?

i was beyond ready to come home for winter break. but this semester has been different. and i'm not so ready to say goodbye to this wonderful island for such a long time. i know i'll be back in september, but that's still such a long time. 
obviously i'm excited to see my family and friends.
but i don't really feel like i belong in georgia anymore. 
now this is just me rambling aloud here, but i feel like i've changed a lot since i moved out here. i've realized a lot. a lot about myself. a lot about other people. a lot about the world. and i feel like i was somewhat sheltered from it all my whole life. not necessarily sheltered in a bad way though. i've learned so many valuable lessons from being here. going back in some ways makes me feel like i'd be taking a step backwards instead of a step forward. or maybe a step forward instead of a step backwards?

but this is all just my random thoughts. 
i know i'll be happy to be home. but i'm also happy to know that i've grown up a lot. i knew there was a reason that i was supposed to go out here for school. and honestly, i was really discouraged all last semester because i couldn't figure it out. i didn't like it. and this semester started off the same way. i started questioning if this really was the right decision for me? and with less than three weeks left of living in this wonderful place, i can confidently say i know hawaii was the right decision for me.

i hate growing up. i hate changes. i hate the uncertainty of the future.

but at the same time, 
i love it.
L

1 comment

  1. That's the weird thing about college. For the first little bit it seems like home is still your home and you miss it so much. Suddenly you find that your new place is truly home and becomes the place you miss. I remember the first time I called Provo home, it was super weird.
    Hope we make it home over the summer I would LOVE to see you missy!

    ReplyDelete